1. No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
2. Eligibility: Giveaway participants must be a legal U.S. resident and 21 years of age or older to win. The Giveaway is sponsored by MSP Communications (MSP) ( the “Sponsor”). Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of the Sponsor or of their affiliated parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, entities furnishing prizes, or who are otherwise connected with the conduct of this promotion, and their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible to participate in the sweepstakes. The Dream It, Win It! Hawaii Now Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is void where prohibited by law.
Any Giveaway entries received from an ineligible participant will be disqualified. By participating in this Giveaway, participants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters. The Sponsor reserve the right to modify the rules of the Giveaway in any way at any time, subject to state or federal law.
3. Giveaway Period: The entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on July 1, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on July 31, 2019 (“Giveaway Period”). All entries must be received and recorded during the Giveaway Period to be eligible.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Giveaway, visit dreamitwinit.deltaskymag.com/hi, and complete the online submission form by providing your first name, last name, state, country, and email address. One (1) entry per person permitted.
Event Entities and prize providers are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, or incomplete entries. The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions, or any computer, browser, server, or other equipment malfunction that may or may not interfere with entries. If for any reason this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Event, then, the Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the promotion.
5. Prize and Selection of Winners: Giveaway participants will enter for the chance to win either the Maui or the Oahu prize package. The Maui prize package includes airfare for two on Delta Air Lines to Hawaii (value up to $850 per person) and a 5-night stay at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, plus a $500 shopping spree at Whalers Village, a $200 gift card to Johnny Was and a $100 gift card to Tommy Bahama. Prize package value not to exceed $4,595. Blackout dates for the hotel include October 31, and December 18, 2019 through March 31, 2020. For airline blackout dates click HERE. The Oahu prize package includes airfare for two on Delta Air Lines to Hawaii (value up to $850 per person) and a 3-night stay the Waikki Beachcomber by Outrigger hotel, plus a $500 Royal Hawaiian Center gift card and goodie bag, a $100 dining certificate to TsuruTonTan Udon Noodle Brasserie, and a $50 dining credit to Island Vintage Wine Bar. Prize package value not to exceed $3,400. For airline blackout dates click HERE.
Both prize packages must be booked by 6/30/2020 and travel must happen by 7/31/2020.
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the trip, in whole or part, in their sole discretion, as well as the right, in their sole discretion, to dismiss or replace the winner from participation in the trip as a result of conduct that is considered improper or offensive to the local community, is likely to be detrimental to the health or safety of the winner or other individuals, or demonstrates that the individual is not capable or unwilling to participate fully in the trip experience.
The winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. No substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this event will be the sole responsibility of winner. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each recipient who received a prize/award if the annual aggregate is at least $600 or more. In this Giveaway the total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Maui prize package is $4,595 (UDS) and the Oahu prize package is $3,400 (USD). In the event the ARV is deemed to exceed the Internal Revenue Service requirement, winners who are residents of the United States of America must complete and submit a W-9 form to receive any prize. The recipient is responsible for any income tax liability and should consult his/her tax adviser for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her return. Winner is responsible for paying taxes and fees on prize in the same year the prize is awarded, even if prize will be redeemed in the next calendar year. Winner must notify MSP Communications if they determine they will be unable to redeem the prize before December 31 of the year in which they were awarded the prize. If the winner does not notify MSP Communications that they intend to forfeit the prize, the winner will receive 1099 tax forms for the value of the prize package.
Winner is responsible for expenses stated in the prize description. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use the prize before expiration date indicated above.
One (1) potential winner for each prize package will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 5, 2019. The potential winners will be notified by email and will have one week (7 calendar days) to complete the requisite affidavit of eligibility, W-9 and publicity release. It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with all instructions provided in the notification. If prize is not claimed or requisite affidavit of eligibility and publicity release are not received within the required period of time, an alternative potential winner will be drawn. In the event that the winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, s/he automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
The winner of any sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway sponsored by Delta will be ineligible to win another prize offered through Delta Sky magazine (MSP) and/or its website deltaskymag.com for ninety (90) days after receiving a prize.
6. Governing Law, Dispute Resolution and Limited Liability: This Giveaway shall be governed by Minnesota law. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree that Minnesota courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Giveaway and that venue shall only be Minneapolis, Minnesota. This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Disputes must be resolved individually. Entrants waive the right to seek a remedy on a collective basis. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. By entering, winner and his or her travel companion also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Event Entities from and against any and all claims, damages or liability that are alleged to be due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person, including death, or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Event, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
7. Official Rules: Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of the Sponsor and may be enacted at any time. Rules are available for review during regular business hours at the MSP office located at 220 South 6th St., Suite 500, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402 or at dreamitwinit.deltaskymag.com/hirules. (current page)
8. Identification of Winners: To receive the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Delta Sky magazine c/o Marketing Department 220 South 6th St., Suite 500, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402. Please specify name of promotion and “Winners.”