NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: Cars.com “The Best of 2021” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Cars.com LLC (“Sponsor”), Merkle Inc. (“Administrator”), and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the Grand Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Cars.com LLC, 300 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60606. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on February 18, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://bestcarsweepsbycars.com/ (“Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including a valid email address (on your first visit only). You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Then, watch a short “BEST OF Cars.com” video (each a “Video”) to receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes. You must watch the Video in its entirety to receive an additional entry. On subsequent visits, visit the Website, log in with the email address used to register for the Sweepstakes, and watch the applicable Video to receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: You may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry on your first visit to the Website for registering for the
Sweepstakes and one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry on your first visit for watching the applicable first
Video. Then, on subsequent visits, you may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per day during the Promotion Period for logging into the Website and watching the applicable Video. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Bonus Sweepstakes Entries: After you have registered for the Sweepstakes, you can earn additional bonus Sweepstakes entries every day during the Promotion Period, as described below:
Twitter Share: After you have registered for the Sweepstakes, follow the links and instructions to tweet a message about the Sweepstakes on Twitter and you will receive one (1) bonus Sweepstakes entry. Limit: Up to one (1) bonus Sweepstakes entry, per email address/person, per day for clicking on the Twitter Share button, and tweeting a message about the Sweepstakes on Twitter during the Promotion Period.
Sponsor does not endorse, condone, or support, but rather strongly discourages, any entrant creating multiple Twitter accounts for this Sweepstakes in order to generate multiple entries beyond the allowed limit. Entrants should also not post the same Tweet repeatedly on Twitter or otherwise violate Twitter Rules (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules).
- Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential Grand Prize Winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) potential “Grand Prize Winner” to receive the Grand Prize (as defined below) from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around May 3, 2021. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. The potential Grand Prize Winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice is sent, in order to claim the Grand Prize. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits the prize. Receiving the Grand Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the Grand Prize, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the Grand Prize will remain un-awarded. A potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted regarding the fulfillment of the Grand Prize within 8-10 weeks of signing the Declaration and the Grand Prize will be fulfilled by the designated dealership as soon as it becomes available.
- Odds: The odds of winning the Grand Prize (as defined below) depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Prize: ONE (1) “GRAND PRIZE” consisting of an all-new 2021 Hyundai Venue SEL. Sponsor will determine all features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner must take delivery of Grand Prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. Approximate Retail Value of the Hyundai Venue SEL: $19,800. TAX GROSS UP PAYMENT: Sponsor will also provide Grand Prize Winner a single cash payment in the form of a corporate check, which is intended to assist the Grand Prize Winner with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the Grand Prize (the “Tax Gross-Up Payment”). The Tax
Gross-Up Payment will be $5,000. The Grand Prize Winner’s actual tax liabilities related to the Grand Prize could exceed the Tax Gross-Up Payment. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or other tax obligations and other fees related to the Grand Prize. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $24,800. Sponsor will not provide any further assistance toward the Grand Prize Winner’s tax obligations. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- Release: By receipt of the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, dealerships, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the Grand Prize after it has been delivered.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Grand Prize Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Grand Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for purposes of reporting the Sweepstakes to federal and state agencies and for promotional and advertising purposes related to this Sweepstakes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, pandemics, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the Grand Prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Grand Prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Grand Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- Miscellaneous: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Winner List: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, visit https://bit.ly/3qhIS9k . The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete until at least July 30, 2021.
© 2021 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.